ewert

utp baluns, what else to do???

I got 16 ch dvr all cameras run cat5e, 2 power suplly, 1 9ch 5amp for 6 cam, 2an 16ch 10amp for antoher 7 cam, al cameras got IR, in some in some used ground loop isolators. By dvr side on test monitor all works, whe conecteted to dvr im geting mess, i got 9 cameras working when i conect some more one goes down, another start to have bars on screen. Baluns are not mixed, what else can I check, what do You think about changing power to 16ch 25amp, what else im gonna change dvr, any ideas?? Thank You

pc base made/sold by i-netdvr.com

Edited by Guest

More information is needed to assist.

What type of dvr do you have? How long are the runs? Are you using one pair, two pair, three pair for power? Have you measured the voltage at the camera end?

Make sure the + and - on the video pair are the same on both ends.

Sounds like a typical ground-loop issue that you'll see using baluns along with cameras that have a shared power/video ground.

What make and model cameras are these?

Sounds like a typical ground-loop issue that you'll see using baluns along with cameras that have a shared power/video ground.

What make and model cameras are these?

That was my next guess! (lol, I'm such a noob, didn't even think of it). " title="Applause" />

Jason

cameras i added are avs brand total 4 3 indor xenas XENA4VIR, outside sensd212 12/24, (no problem with this one even when connect on 12v), the longest run doesnt up to 500feet no more

A 12/24 camera won't have this problem because the internal power regulator ensures the video and power grounds are separated.

A 12/24 camera won't have this problem because the internal power regulator ensures the video and power grounds are separated.

But using RG59 cable will stop ground loops?

But using RG59 cable will stop ground loops?

The ground loop in this case is CREATED by three factors: the common ground between video and power in the camera; the additional wire length and DC resistance inserted by the balun in the video ground; and the two being tied together again by using a common-ground power supply and additional common-ground cameras.

Separating the video and power grounds at the camera (such as cameras with a built in regulator) is one fix for this.

Placing a physical break in the video line with a ground-loop isolator is another.

Breaking the ground re-connection with individual power supplies also fixes the problem.

And using coax so you don't get the extra resistance of the balun bypasses the problem as well.

Of course, there are other root causes of ground loops (cameras mounted to an earth-ground is a common one); the above merely addresses the typical issue of balun-related ground loops.

Thnks to all of U guys problem solved i used single power suplly for each camera works but by dvr doesn't look like i planed , what stuff do U use to avoid ground loop issues? Is only solution rg59?? hope not. Tahk You again

Did anybody use this products, any rewiews??

http://www.pimfg.com/Product/Video-Balun-Kits

Thnks to all of U guys problem solved i used single power suplly for each camera works but by dvr doesn't look like i planed , what stuff do U use to avoid ground loop issues? Is only solution rg59?? hope not. Tahk You again

My solution is to use dual-voltage cameras, which necessarily have an internal voltage regulator and thus don't have a common ground for video and power. 12VDC cameras with internal regulator will avoid the issue as well, as will 24VAC-only cameras.

Did anybody use this products, any rewiews??

http://www.pimfg.com/Product/Video-Balun-Kits

Haven't used any of those, but I've used similarly-priced individual and paired baluns with no ground-loop issues. Again, this problem is NOT in the quality of the baluns (super-cheap ones may have other issues of their own) but in the design of the cameras.