rider_1313

DVR upgrade for 19 analog cams??

So Hi first off. new to the site, not so new to cctv. I was hoping for some ideas and to see what others think is my best option on a current job. I own a small installations company specializing in audio systems. we also install cctv, communications wiring, pre and existing, sat and cable tv, verizon fios backbone, tvs, theaters, so on and so on...

so getting down to it, I have a system with 16 analog cams going to a everfocus ecor 16x. going to add on 3 or so more cams to the system. now we could just daisy chain on another ecor and call it done but I think we should upgrade the whole system.

the current harddrive is clickin a lil and the customeer would like a larger HD. also they access the DVR remotly very offton and would like a better remote system. with room to expand and better quality(frame rate) they got plenty of money and the cams are very important to them, but they are still a lil cheap. what does everyone think i should do? move to a pc based system, suggestions on a new better DVR, use current system?

thanks in advance for all replies!!

^^ I was going to link the same exact dvr. Can't do the 16CH because you're adding 3 more. So, Grab the 32

and if they then want to add more in the future they already have the quality DVR they need. So all they have to do is add cameras.

Yeah, the HD is on its way out quick if it's clicking.

It'll hold 7 HD with each a max of 3tb. So you're talking 27tb there.

But, I'd rather do 2TB hd's than 3. From my Research, the higher the tb hd the more likely chance for failure. Or, are prone to failure.

So, Don't get the "Energy Efficient" those are def more prone to fail over the normal "High Performance"

I grabbed my 2TB HD from Best Buy for $150. Can't beat it! (for my pc) and a 1TB for my dvr for $100.

mmk, looks good and it does have the D1 30 frames im looking for. i have seen it is the most pushed on the site...

one thin I forgot to mention was maybe looking for something that is hybrid, may want to add IP cams in future.

Well, for hybrid, there's this: http://www.3xlogic.com/prod/599/pro-series-hybrid-video-recorder - substantial step up, probably in the $4k-$5k range for a 960fps 32-channel hybrid version... but you can do any combination of analog and IP channels you want, plus it has modules for POS integration, video analytics, and a whole ton of other goodies. Modules are all fully functional on a 30-day trial basis as well, after which any you want can be individually registered. Being PC-based, it's also very easy to add external storage, including RAID arrays for data redundancy, cloud storage (if you have the bandwidth), etc.

One thing to keep in mind: there's usually a difference between WANT and NEED when it comes to framerates. 15fps will in most cases be almost indistinguishable from 30fps, but will use half the storage. In a lot of cases, even 7-8fps will give you smooth motion, but use 1/4 the storage and bandwidth of 30fps.