mikeloew1

pelco spectra iii blowing fuses

Hi Roger. That's excellent news!

And thank you Survtech for the pointer to Time Lapse Supply. There's lot's of useful images there.

Sorry I been away for awhile, does anyone know where I can get a replacement cap for this board and what type? I scraped the burnt cap off the PCB and powered up the camera to make sure it still works with success, is there any danger of using the camera without replacing the cap?

Sorry I been away for awhile, does anyone know where I can get a replacement cap for this board and what type? I scraped the burnt cap off the PCB and powered up the camera to make sure it still works with success, is there any danger of using the camera without replacing the cap?
Probably no danger. Not certain but my guess would be 0.1µf ceramic at maybe 500-1000v. That value is very common for bypass caps.

Hi Roger.

You should be ok to use the camera without the cap. It's probably only there to prevent the camera from interferring with radio or tv reception. Pelco would have needed it there to get FCC type aproval for radiated emissions. Or maybe it was put there "just in case".

Thanks survtech and Horizon for the responses, it is much appreciated. I have replaced the Pelco with a cheap PTZ I bought off of Ebay , and believe it or not, the cheap camera suits my needs better than the Pelco. The spectra 3 I have is a DD53C22 and I had it out front of my house. The only problem is that it doesn't see too good at night since it is a color only camera. Good thing I had a backup!