Sign in to follow this  
vytasss99

Dahua dvr and WD 2.5" hdd

Hello, i plan to buy dvr: DVR1604LE-SL. I have notebook sata HDD 2,5" 160GB WD1600BEVT. I would like to know if it works with that dvr? And after some time i add big one.

Hello, i plan to buy dvr: DVR1604LE-SL. I have notebook sata HDD 2,5" 160GB WD1600BEVT. I would like to know if it works with that dvr? And after some time i add big one.

If it's SATA, then it should probably work. I believe the Dahua DVRs take SATA hard drives. I ordered my first Dahua and it's coming but all the other DVRs I've installed used SATA. I don't think any machines now use EIDE anymore unless it's really old or a PC.

If it's SATA, then it should probably work. I believe the Dahua DVRs take SATA hard drives. I ordered my first Dahua and it's coming but all the other DVRs I've installed used SATA. I don't think any machines now use EIDE anymore unless it's really old or a PC.

That DVR has two sata connectors, but everywhere is writed, that works with 3,5" sata hdd. I want to use 2,5" notebook sata hdd. Sata and power connectors are the same.

Should be fine, but you won't know until you try. They probably figure nobody would use 2.5" SATA, since most people want high capacity 3.5" drives that cost less.

I've had very similar HDs, with slightly different model numbers, where one worked on a DVR and the other didn't. It took installing them to find out.