dskcctv

Geovision + iPhone / iPad question

Hi all,

I've a rather old but fully operational Geovision GV-800 system running V7 on my PC and although I have no problem viewing live camera feeds from a PC over the internet I'd quite like to do the same on my iPhone or iPad. I've tried the iView app but it doesn't work. Can anyone help?

Thanks

D.

If I'm not mistaken, v7 software on Geovision is not compatible with mobile apps. I think you have to upgrade to version 8.0 (maybe its 8.2) or later for it to work with mobile apps. Also when you upgrade, go into webcam settings and make sure mobile ports are enabled (should be 8866 and 5511, liveview and RPB) and be sure to forward the ports from your router. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply. My GV-800 card isn't compatible with V8 software apparently. Am I able to view over a Safari browser then do you know?

Thanks for the reply. My GV-800 card isn't compatible with V8 software apparently. Am I able to view over a Safari browser then do you know?

No, I'm afraid the only browser it will work with is IE or maybe Firefox with IE extension.