scott7161

IC Realtime DVR

I'm fairly new to CCTV and home security is my goal. I've been looking at getting a DVR but have never had a unit before. I went into one of our local security stores and they sell the IC Realtime either in the Flex or Edge series. I'd like to get a unit that has about 8 channels, and I've thought about where I'd like the cameras to be. I'd like to be able to access the cameras via a full-time monitor mounted in the office of my house, but also use my iPad or iPhone to access the cameras when traveling. In addition, it would be great to use a mac or PC to access the cameras as well.

I'd like hear from anyone who has an opinion on the IC Realtime DVRs listed above. There are probably lots of great brands out there however that seems to be the company near my house has in stock.

Any opinions?

Thank you,

Scott

I've had some limited encounters with IC Relatime DVR's... the older ones were really difficult for end users to do some simple functions like playback. I had a webinar with the IC Realtime rep about 8 months ago and he said that one of the biggest things they changed with the new flex and edge systems was they simplified it. Making it easier to playback, setup schedules etc. At your local store do they have one setup so you can try some of the functions?