mike_va

Axis Camera Companion - weirdness solved

Came downstairs and my P1344's were blinking (yes the big orange LED's on them). Had been playing around with ACC, but nothing was set to record. Powered on/off checked settings etc.

However, somehow the NAS had frozen (first time in two years of continuous use).

AND

Turns out Axis sets a rule, to blink if the NAS is not there...

As their brochure says "Cutting-edge digital surveillance has never been this easy"

Well, it might be a tad easier if they had someone write a @#@%@$ manual. They used to know how to write manuals too.

OK, done venting. My bad really for playing around with new software...I know better. I should've just stopped when it froze up my P3346 a few days ago.

And I should just put black tape over that monster LED...always comes ON when you reapply power even if it is set to OFF.

1697216714_Picture10.png.d7b37a1a554daa5b8e7ef240f720ad8f.png

Mike,

What is your impression of Companion thus far (now that you appear to have gotten the kink worked out)? I have an install which includes 2 x P3367-VE, 2 x M5014s, and 1 x 212PTZ. I'm thinking that companion is so new I might want to wait until the bugs are fleshed out of version 1 before considering it for a client installation, and either go with Camera Station or third party VMS. Do you know if any other VMS products can access the recorded clips on Axis cameras, e.g. Milestone?

Thanks

Mike,

What is your impression of Companion thus far (now that you appear to have gotten the kink worked out)? I have an install which includes 2 x P3367-VE, 2 x M5014s, and 1 x 212PTZ. I'm thinking that companion is so new I might want to wait until the bugs are fleshed out of version 1 before considering it for a client installation, and either go with Camera Station or third party VMS. Do you know if any other VMS products can access the recorded clips on Axis cameras, e.g. Milestone?

Thanks

I thought it was pretty slick and easy to set up (aside from my rant above), but if you're doing a real install (I am a hobbyist) I would stick with something that has been around and stood the test of time. Same reason our IT dept at work is always a version or two behind on windows - the latest in software is not something I would want my reputation based on, people want stuff that works correctly.

I'm not aware of other software that could access the clips, aside from using the camera page - which no one is going to want to do. Never did get the 4:3 bug worked out on the P3346, locked up my camera hard a few times and said that's enough of that.

Eventually this will be killer for hobbyists and small business, it is that easy. No computer to record on, no VMS licenses to pay for.

Now that it sounds like they have some real low light cameras coming out Q1602 and new variants of the P3344 etc, things should start to get interesting.