massfd

Problems with Digiop server

We have a digiop hybrid dvr on our network....it has 8 ip based cameras and 12 standard cameras. When on the system it appears the network activity spikes to the point where it takes all network equipment offline. This happens intermittently every few days...if I restart the server or just unplug the network connection the network comes back online. I have tried changing the ip to a private 192.168.x.x address as recommended by digiop suppot...also I have reinstalled the machine with no change...any ideas

Robert

Robert;

That's an interesting problem.

It seems like the IP system is freezing and crashing the network when you attempt to access it from a PC terminal... Do I understand you correctly?

P.S - You stole my name... I'm also Robert

We have a digiop hybrid dvr on our network....it has 8 ip based cameras and 12 standard cameras. When on the system it appears the network activity spikes to the point where it takes all network equipment offline. This happens intermittently every few days...if I restart the server or just unplug the network connection the network comes back online. I have tried changing the ip to a private 192.168.x.x address as recommended by digiop suppot...also I have reinstalled the machine with no change...any ideas

Robert

The strange part is locally the dvr is still running and recording just the network switches are flashing like something I have never seen before and I can not ping anything on the local network unless I do the restart or unplug the server

Robert,

I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. I am a DIGIOP Representative and I wanted you to know that I will personally have a Tier 2 Support Technician reach out to you today. We will need to gather as much data about this case as possible because it is not a known issue. However, we will work with you to get a timely resolution.

That would be great I did call support Friday and have not heard back yet I called again today trying to move it along. I appreciate your reply if this site has private messages I will send out my contact info to you

thanks

Rob

Not a problem! I think we have your contact information in our database but you can email support@digiop.com to make sure we have the correct point of contact.