Razer_SE

Help finding good shorter camera mounts for IP cameras?

I have camera mounts I'm using now, but they are the standard 10", or 250mm or so, mounts used for enclosures usually. I'm putting up a lot of IP cameras now and they are much smaller of course, they look kind of silly with a smaller IP camera on them sticking out so far from the walls.

I need a mount that is like 6" long or so, roughly half as big a normal. Using them to mount Vivotek ip8332 cameras mostly, but there are some ACTi cameras too. Cost is a factor, I'll be getting a couple hundred at the least in the end, so cheaper cost is better in this case. Any suggestions on something that will fit the bill? Thanks!

Not exactly lol. I'm well aware of how to use google-fu, I was just having no luck at the smaller mounts specifically with two mounting holes and for outdoor use. I was able to find a mount that should work, I ordered 35 of them a few minutes ago and I'll see if they do the trick.

Most of the smaller mounts are the cheap-o stinky single screw mounts, much like what comes with the Vivotek cameras already and they are not good enough.

Yeah, unfortunately, the smaller they get, generally, the flimsier they get... This one tends to be one of the sturdiest I've found in its size range - hollow so you can run wires inside, and plastic so it can be easily painted to another color:

187476_1.jpg

I've used a lot with this style of clamp, but on a long (10") J-mount - they're pretty solid, too, and easily painted:

187476_2.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions all. I think the biggest issue is that most mounts have a single attachment screw, I need two screws like an outdoor mount for an enclosure, but just not so long. I'm hoping what I ordered from the description will work for our needs.

I'm also hoping that they are sturdy because I get wind moving my cameras now, enough to set off motion at times and a better mount will hopefully cut that down some. A lot has to do with mounting to metal buildings that do not have that much support to begin with behind the metal.