jack in oz

camera placement help please

Hello,

Here is a picture of a wall I want to monitor. I think the wall is too long to cover with one camera (20m). What do you think?

I have 2 box cameras available to use if needed. They are a Samsung SCC-2335 and a Bosch LTC-0485. Both have varifocal lenses (I'll have to check the focal range). Would I be better off mounting a camera at each corner pointing towards the middle, or mount them centrally facing out with an overlap (as shown by the red arrows)?

Jack

342365438_eastwall.JPG.8fbbd585d3843f5dc3f7b9251f2b8e65.JPG

(as shown by the red arrows)?Jack

My first impression, especially for box cameras where the lens usually start at 4 or 5 MM, is to spread the mounts further apart to avoid blind spots. The ideal situation is to have a tester and a make shift power connection (for the camera) up on the ladder to test your views before running cable and mounting the cameras. Anything with a video in port will do - like a portable DVD player - if you do not have a tester.

Thanks. I've been looking on eBay for a small monitor. The cheapest and most suitable devices seem to be auxiliary car seat-back DVD monitors. They have no DVD player, just a composite video input jack.

Cheers