jxk716

Power to CNB VBM 24 VF

I think this will work but I need some feedback. I wiLl be moving a VBM to another location in our building; there is an unused Cat5 terminated to a RJ 45 jack (for phone) about 30 feet away from the proposed new location. The guy running the extenstion says he will use an RJ 45 coupler to join the old phone line to the new wire.

That original cat5 runs about 150 feet back to a 110 block. The DVR is about 5 feet away from there. So if I leave all pairs terminated on the block I plan to punch another pair of 24 AWG to the corresponding block terminals (where the vid wires will be) and connect my baluns on the other end of that extenstion near the dvr.

For power I will run 2 24 AWG from each terminal (pos and neg) on the CPU to the same color wires on the block for power to the cam. So as power and video run through the coupler to the end of the new cat5 can I just use the 2 pair for power (twisted together) at the camera as well as the balun for video?

I will run 2 24 AWG from each terminal (pos and neg) on the CPU

If you meant from your power supply then yes, it should work fine. If I recall, that camera will operate with voltage between 10 and 30v, do make sure your supply is sufficient to account for voltage drop over the length of the run. 4 conductors at 150ft should be fine.

I will run 2 24 AWG from each terminal (pos and neg) on the CPU

If you meant from your power supply then yes, it should work fine. If I recall, that camera will operate with voltage between 10 and 30v, do make sure your supply is sufficient to account for voltage drop over the length of the run. 4 conductors at 150ft should be fine.

+1 - I see no problem with this plan.