CCTV_Guy

PELCO's AUX-CONN kit? familiar with it?

One of the cameras I'm working on at one site uses the PELCO LRD41C21 receiver/driver, and Dead Micros drives (or at least they tell me it's driving) AUX 2. Consequently I purchased PELCO's AUX-CONN kit and am planning to use the connector halves that constitute the kit.

The question is, how does one make a secure connection between the wires and the connector?

The connector itself is pretty intuitive ... the two halves slip easily and firmly into position on the LRD, but if I'm doing it correctly, the wires are attached in what seems an uncharacteristically flimsy method. Indeed, on the 50-meter walk from the garage to the boat, one of the wires just fell out, and another fell out on the bridge ten minutes later.

So, what am I doing wrong? To insert the wires, I press the little bar immediately above the appropriate pin, slide the wire in, and release the bar. At first it seems secure ... it resists any low-pressure tug, but just 10 minutes later the wires just fall out on their own.

Anyone here know of a more secure method of attaching the wires to the connectors?

bill

you could solder the ends and then create a "V" or "N" out of the end and insert it.

you could solder the ends with a small ball of solder on the end. insert it and the ball will hold it in place.

it might require a larger wire for proper securring. you might have to double fold the existing wire back on it's and then it should be soldered.

Always remember to remove/ clean the ends after soldering as the paste can corrode the end by oxidation.

don't forget to anchor the wire 6" or so from the termination point to create a strain relief.

Great!

Thanks Jeffrey. I'll try your suggestion tomorrow morning on several of the unused pins ... if it's a go, I'll install it permanently an' the boat'll sail with the benefit of your good advice.

Hey! ... Thanks again.

bill