Sign in to follow this  
paupar

Night and Day Module for mobotix?

This is a newbie question. Will the Night module show color during the day or is it purely a B/W only function? If I wanted a combination of both Night and Day with more emphasis on the Night, is there a color solution possible? This is for the D12. Thanks!

I will have a light source pointing in front of my garage. Should I get both one night AND one day sensor?

And if I get the night sensor module, will I need an IR light source or will low light be enough?

You can chose from either b&w night sensor or color sensor, the color sensor does not do b&w, there's no IR cut filter and the night sensor does not do color. If you want a day/night camera, you'll need one day, one night sensor. The night sensor is the best I've seen. The closest camera I've tested that gives you Mobotix like b&w is the ACTi TCM-7811 and it gives you color during they day, albeit not 3MP like Mobotix and not as nice an image but still very good. But same resolution as the Mobotix b&w sensor. Not bad for half the price of the D12. To me, low light performance is what separates a good cameras from bad.

The only D12 I've used had 2 b&w night sensors setup to record 180 degrees. Special model they call the D12-180. No color but night vandalism was their biggest issue.

Will the Night module show color during the day or is it purely a B/W only function? If I wanted a combination of both Night and Day with more emphasis on the Night, is there a color solution possible?

We have posted an image comparison of what the day and night lenses look like in the same scene, along with an explanation, here http://www.mxinstaller.com/blog/d14-fixed-lens-and-panorama-cameras/