Sign in to follow this  
cgcmgr

Camera Video on the TV?

Hi Guys,

My aunt and uncle are looking to set up a CCTV system. They don't need anything crazy, but they would like to be able to view one of the cameras on their TV when the doorbell rings. The doorbell doesn't have to trigger the camera's video on the TV, but when they hear the doorbell ring, they would like to somehow see the video of the camera by the door on the TV.

I was thinking of hooking up the camera's output to one of the TV's input and when they hear the bell ring, they could hit the picture-in-picture button on the remote. I would have the picture-in-picture set up to use the input that the camera is connected to and have the window sized the way they want.

The only problem is I would have all the cameras connected to a computer (using a DVR card) so how I would I be able to output the video to the TV from the computer?

Can I use a coaxial RG6 cable from the camera to a coaxial splitter and then run one split to the TV and the other split to the computer using some sort of F-connector to BNC adapter?