Sign in to follow this  
cgcmgr

Videoalarm FDW75C12N Enclosure

Hey Guys,

Purchased the Videoalarm FDW75C12N outdoor enclosure to put my Axis 215PTZ IP camera into. The instruction are horrible. I did some online searches and found a booklet that makes things a little simpler http://www.rfwel.com/downloads/manuals/81-IN5329_%28FDW75C12N%29.pdf but I'm confused about power to the camera and the enclosure. First lets talk about power to the camera. According to the instructions, the red and the orange wires carry 12V power to the camera. The ends of the wires that go to the camera are just 2 wires with stripped ends. How do I connect these? My camera has a female 12V DC power recepticle. What do I get to connect these wire to the camera's power connector? Secondly, the green and yellow wires carry power to the heater and blower. These wires are already connected to the heater and blower on the inside. Coming out of the top of the enclosure are the 4 wires that are tied into a connector block. I'm given in the box another connector block and more wire. I'm supposed to put the spare wire into the second connector block and then connect the two connector blocks to each other. Ok, this is no problem. The problem arises on the other end of those wires. I now have 4 wires (red,orange,green and yellow). These wires are supposed to bring power to my camera and heater/blower. What do I connect these wires to so that everything gets power? Obviously I need an electrical outlet, but how do I tie these wires to that outlet? Since everything is running on 12V, I'd need a 12V power adapter plugged into the outlet, but how do I connect that to the 4 wires?

You may be laughing at me right now, but honestly I'm clueless.