dbasberg

GVI Security AR-6040 Locked up...HELP

I have a farm with out buildings and security concerns. I have GVI Security equipment and they went out of business. I can add equipment from other sources, but I have a problem with the DVR and no technical support. Someone hit several keys on the front panel and put the DVR in a secure lock mode. The manual says hold 'exit' button for 5 seconds and the menu will ask for our password. That does not happen( & not after 60 seconds either). I opened the DVR and found a reset button on the circuit board and that did not help. I removed power and the button battery on the board and that did not help. I am hoping someone can suggest how to get me out of this locked situation.

Any help GREATLY! appreciated.

Doug

Take the cover off and look for the a reset button by the small battery. If there is no button just pull the battery and wait about 30 secs before putting it back in.

Take the cover off and look for the a reset button by the small battery. If there is no button just pull the battery and wait about 30 secs before putting it back in.

Thank you.

There is a reset button and a button battery. I held the button down for two minutes without getting unlocked. I tried removing the battery overnight and it did not unlock. I tried holding the reset button down while powering up. So far none have got me out of the lockup.

I really appreciate your trying to help and your suggestions are logical. I am very discouraged to be locked up even after all this. I guess they assumed a bad guy wanted to access the system might do all this. I sure wish I knew how you can get it u. I do not care if it gets unlocked back to factor defaults just so I can us it again. What a waste to have a good machine in this locked state !

Doug

I think I know who you can call to find out how to unlock it.

Don't know if they will tell you how though. Might have to prove ownership (I don't know their policy).

Anyway try calling or emailing razberi (http://www.razberi.net/)

They are a bunch of people from the former GVI. They have some senior and technical ex GVI staff working for this new company. Good Luck!

Razberi Tel: 469-828-3380

Thank you.

There is a reset button and a button battery. I held the button down for two minutes without getting unlocked. I tried removing the battery overnight and it did not unlock. I tried holding the reset button down while powering up. So far none have got me out of the lockup.

I really appreciate your trying to help and your suggestions are logical. I am very discouraged to be locked up even after all this. I guess they assumed a bad guy wanted to access the system might do all this. I sure wish I knew how you can get it u. I do not care if it gets unlocked back to factor defaults just so I can us it again. What a waste to have a good machine in this locked state !

Doug

Sorry, I didn't read your post closely that you already saw the button. I picked up one of the 16 channel versions and saw the button when putting the hard drive in.