HeadsUp

GV 1240 not rebooting after restart

I have a GV 1240 which is not restarting the application after the computer reboots

In configuration settings i have the box ticked for " auto login on restart " but it has ceased to auto login after i powered down the CCTV computer and connected a different UPS to the system.

I tried removing the UPS and going back to mains power but the issue still exists.

It was working fine before this . all other functions are still working

anyone got suggestions of what to check before i reinstall the GV 1240 software as my first attempt to resolve the problem ?

hoping its not a hardware issue with the DVR card

I have a GV 1240 which is not restarting the application after the computer reboots

In configuration settings i have the box ticked for " auto login on restart " but it has ceased to auto login after i powered down the CCTV computer and connected a different UPS to the system.

I tried removing the UPS and going back to mains power but the issue still exists.

anyone got suggestions of what to check before i reinstall the GV 1240 software as my first attempt to resolve the problem ?

do you see the geovision program in your start menu under startup?

if you go to start, run, type 'msconfig' w/o quotes and press enter and click on the startup tab, do you see it in that list with a check in the box?

if you go to start, run, type 'msconfig' w/o quotes and press enter and click on the startup tab, do you see it in that list with a check in the box?

yes it is in the menu with a tick in the box

i can start the application manually from the start menu without a problem but i want it to start up automatically after any power outage , with or without a UPS hooked up to it .

It had rebooted without a problem for ages.

any other suggestions ?

yes it is in the menu with a tick in the box

i can start the application manually from the start menu without a problem but i want it to start up automatically after any power outage , with or without a UPS hooked up to it .

It had rebooted without a problem for ages.

any other suggestions ?

you might have overlooked 1 thing (although, i dont think it will matter since you said it is ticked in the msconfig screen).

i was asking if it is in the startup folder in the start menu?

if it is, great that is good.

here is what i would do...

delete it from the startup folder, go to msconfig and uncheck it for startup...apply, save, dont reboot.

launch geovision and change the auto startup setting...disable it/uncheck the box.

save, stop recording and close the program.

reboot (it should not start up, due to the settings you changed).

launch geovision, enable the auto restart setting in geovison, stop recording, close the program.

before you reboot, check the start menu and see if the program put itself back in the startup folder and check msconfig and see if it auto checked the box for startup.

if not, manually do that and reboot and see what happens.

thankyou kindly for your help

It is working again.

I actually tried earlier what you suggested above but that didnt produce a change

What seems to have got a result is that i cleared cache , deleted some desktop files that were taking up C drive spare space , deleted some cookies , did a disc defrag and rebooted and lo and behold the system is now starting automatically

I only had 1.5 Gig spare space on the 20 Gig C drive prior to doing this but i dont know if that was the issue or if it was a cookies / cache issue

thanks for your time and best wishes