Just heard the Axis 241Q has been discontinued (and replaced by the P7214). That too bad, I've used dozens of these over the years and I know I've seen many of them used by other industry professionals. I guess it couldn't be upgraded to support H.264 and so it got the boot. Oh well, so long 241Q and welcome P7214, we're going to have some good times together.

Colin B

http://zeecure.com

Not only the 264, but the new one has SDHC to deal with the edge recording using their free camera companion software.

To bad, it was a useful little encoder, put a bunch in not to long ago. At least they gave us a replacement before discontinuing the old one, how often do manufacturers leave us hanging these days?

Typically if we're using video encoders it's on older cameras anyways during a head end upgrade and they get swapped out when the camera is finally upgraded to IP in the future, so I'm not sure why H.264 would even play a part. Is anyone really upgrading an analog system to an NVR then replacing analog cameras with more analog cameras?

Crap, I have a contract that calls for 12 of these. I guess I need to grab them as quick as I can so I don't have to get the stupid contract modified.