splyk

Can't find the right Firmware

Hello,

I have a problem with my DVR (Neostar 4CH FULL D1 DVR). I simply can't find the right Firmware.

The need for a firmware upgrade rose up when I tried to start recording and it did not work. I then found out that the HDD installed on the DVR was not supported, according to the manual. I have the HDD WD5000AASD which under the firmware version 1002-1002-1000-1002 was not supported.

So I started looking for an upgrade (where else?) at the manufacturer’s site (http://www.neostar.com.tw/) but there was nothing! After that I tried looking for firmware based on the DVR’s processor type (DR046Z) and on a DVR of Avtech that has the same processor (KPD674ZB). Avtech doesn’t provide any support for their product, too!! So I started searching in the Internet and following firmware versions were found based on that search (some of that also in this forum):

KPD674B_1015

KPD674_1030

KPD674B_1017

KPD674_1034

KPD674_1036

KPD674A_1039

KPD674_1042

KPD674A_1044

Unfortunately, there was after all quite a difference between the KPD674ZB and the KPD674, KPD674A and KPD674B, so, as you may have suspected, not one of those firmwares were either loaded or did fix the problem.

After that I found at following link http://www.b2b-empretel.com/mercado/descargas/emAlbum.cgi?c=show_thumbs;p=Software_Firmware/AVTECH/Firmware/DR046Z this firmware version: DR046_1005. This version did actually load but now I have at the cam views black screens. On the Avtech site (http://www.avtech.com.tw/support.aspx?Type=3) I found a solution for this problem (ftp://211.75.84.102/Technical_Doc/The_Solution_to_Black_Screen_When_Playback_on_WIN7_OS.pdf) but (yes you’ve guessed it) this did not do the trick (on two windows 7 pc). I will also try it on a Windows XP and maybe on a Linux system, when I find one.

So to cut a long story short:

I am looking for a newer firmware version for my DVR (Neostar 4CH FULL D1 – processor: DR046Z – other product with the same processor: Avtech KPD674ZB) that actually works or even the old one (1002-1002-1000-1002). By works I mean: no black screen and recording works too.

Thank you for your time reading this post.

You need to make sure that all the BIN Files are extracted correctly. You need winzip first then extract the files. ie to the "desktop". It is very important that the firmware BIN Files are in correct order for the firmware to correctly update the dvr.

KPD674B_1017.rar this is the one you need. The path will then be 1017-1003-1009-1003

The correct order is:

AppImg_4.bin

fboot_4.bin

kernel_4.bin

xml_4.bin

Make sure you backup your dvr first incase anything goes wrong

I downloaded the files first from this link http://www.ussscctv.com/support/KPD674B_1017.zip and then from the avtech support page again. I unzipped them with 7-zip (never had a problem with this tool). First I unzipped both versions of the compressed files I downloaded in a sub-folder of the downloaded folder then I unzipped them again in a folder directly under root (c:\) because on the web-interface of the DVR I got something like c:\fakepath\1017. I tried loading the files of both upgrades , in that order you've suggested, once with IE and another time with Firefox.

Every time the response was the same: the upgrade started but did not finish. The system was unresponsive and at the end I had to restart the browsers in order to log in again and to find out that nothing had been changed.

PS I tried the same with an older version (KPD674B_1009) with no luck. Maybe I should try another way of upgrading the system. Is there any?

Maybe I should try another way of upgrading the system. Is there any?

The only other way is through their CMS "VideoViewer" or copying the files directly using a USB Stick.

You might be better off getting another HDD that is compatible.