Sign in to follow this  
d1yer

STEP BY STEP HELP NEEDED PLEASE..!! NEWBIE..

Hi all,

I have tried for 3 whole days to install my CNM H264 DVR over the internet connection but to no avail..???

Is there please a anyone on here that could spare a novice with this kinda thing with a step for step guide on how to do this bloody port forwarding with settings etc to get this crap to work...lol

I have a Netgear router dgnd3300v2 if that helps..

Cheers guys " title="Applause" />

Basically all you need to do is

1 - connect the DVR to your router with a network cable

2 - give the DVR a static IP address for your network (along with subnet mask & gateway)

3 - configure the appropriate port forwarding in the router

The link I posted are instructions for the router. For the DVR there should be step by step instructions in the manual to assign the DVR an IP address.

Basically all you need to do is

1 - connect the DVR to your router with a network cable

2 - give the DVR a static IP address for your network (along with subnet mask & gateway)

3 - configure the appropriate port forwarding in the router

The link I posted are instructions for the router. For the DVR there should be step by step instructions in the manual to assign the DVR an IP address.

Well have the first part sort...Nut the manual is missing, i can tell you its the CNM primus h264 4 channel. when i went into network settings on the dvr. I do see the ip subnet etc are filled in already..?

seriously Groovyman. I will owe you one if you could help get this sorted. I have given up { the hammer is looking good} lol

when i went into network settings on the dvr. I do see the ip subnet etc are filled in already..?

Is there a checkbox (or drop down box) that says something like static or dynamic? The DVR may have come from the factory set with an IP address that's not right for your network. For example: my router uses 10.1.10.xxx, but my DVR came configured with 192.168.1.xxx. I needed to change the addressing on my DVR to match my network.

Do you know what address range your router uses? What IP address is used to access the router? Is it 192.168.0.1? If so, that would be used for the gateway address in the DVR and the IP address would be 192.168.0.xxx where xxx = anything from .2 to .254*. I typically like to assign .200 or above - just a personal preference. Subnet mask should be 255.255.255.0. DNS can also be 192.168.0.1.

*Note about the IP address - don't assign the DVR the same address as another device on the network, such as computers, phones, tablets, game consoles, etc. I typically find that if I use .200 or above I don't have issues.

Is your system the one marketed by Maplins??

if you still have not got this online pm me your contact tel

Another way so you don't have to mess with a static. Let your DVR get an IP then in your router setup reserve that IP for the DVR. Now everytime it gets a DHCP address it will be the same.