pilotg2

Email alerts inconsistent with Alarm input

Dahua DVR Apollo HD 4 Channel 1TB DVR H.264 Firmware version 2.608.0000.2 Build 2011-5-27

I have one alarm input sensor that is attached to a door. The DVR always logs the door movement correctly (see below). Local Alarm – door open. Alarm End – door closed. The problem is the email notification is inconsistent. The way it seems it should work with this DVR is you receive an email alert when the door is opened and another when the door is closed. Often you only receive one email, on open and closing of the door and a few times no email has been sent. The sending interval is set to 3 seconds. I have tried 3 different email smtp setting with the same results. Please see below for screen shots. Is there anything else I can try?

The other DVR I have is a Dauha 16 channel and it works perfectly 100% of the time, always sending only one email, it seems the DVR firmware is setup differently?

192191_1.jpg

If i knew where/how to check i would I've contacted the UK supplier, but they haven't replied yet.

If i knew where/how to check i would I've contacted the UK supplier, but they haven't replied yet.

Who did you actually buy the apollo from? Adata the official distributor won't talk to you unless you are a reseller and won't answer your email. That's their policy. Support has to come from the reseller but there is nothing to prevent you visiting the Adata website and finding the downloads as you can click on the support button and download without the need to log in

http://www.adata.co.uk/downloads/downloads.aspx

I too would guess this is a firmware issue as there isn't a logical explanation that I can see so update the firmware, be careful to follow the instructions very carefully or your could end up needing a factory reset

(I've seen this happen a few times)

Let us know how it goes. And yes, follow the instructions exactly and don't be impatient. It's not a process you want to interrupt.

Updated the firmware with the latest on ADATA website. The update seemed to work as i heard the beep the DVR makes when rebooting, however when checking the firmware no. and build no. they are still the same? I also checked the logs and they don't show any 'sigh' the firmware has been updated, tho' they may not in any case.

The door alerts are still inconsistent.

Will try the update again, when next onsite.