flyingfish

PSS and AVI files

Hello everybody, I have been lurking here for about 2 years now and finally have a reason to post. I have several Dahua brand DVRs, and like the way they work... Most of the time.

I usually use PSS for remote management and recently, PSS will not convert to AVI. I have tried this on a few different DVRs and both Mac and PC versions of PSS. No matter the length of the .DAV file, PSS will only convert 3 seconds to .AVI. Has anybody else had this problem?

If you have time and you use PSS, go try to convert a file to AVI and post you results here. All my DVRs are on the latest firmware. I do have one DVR on an older firmware that is working, and I have the HD-SDI DVR that seems fine. The problem is those DVRs are mine, and the ones not converting are clients.

-Fish

<'((((((<

Works for me; last used on May 25th. Have you checked out the software from bahamas security under Dahua downloads How to convert DAV files to AVI?

Actually I have been a fan of that site too. Some great little scripts there. I know how to convert a file with PSS, It has to be something else. I was able to convert the file using the file player utility, and that's fine with me, however, try telling that to an already very picky client. I have another Mac client with the same issue and I don't think the utility will work on the Mac. Anyway, so goes the world of support. Gotta love it. Thank you very much for trying it and reporting back, whould you mind posting what you are using to convert as far as Mac or pc?

Thanks again

Fish

Yeah, it works on most of my systems, but recently I've had 3 dvrs all doing the same thing. Thanks again for your reply.