Sign in to follow this  
guitaristshobi

185 Meter Long Area to cover with One 36X IR PTZ Camera

Hello Guys

I am again in need of your advices, So i am going to get this project here it is a covered Yard,

192892_1.jpg

They make some Steel inside. So they need to cover it & they want only one PTZ Camera installed inside.Now what i need you guys to do is please Advice me where should i place the camera. My personal opinion is to place it at equally centralized location, As the Area is around 185 Meter so the Camera would easily be seeing both sides at a distance of 185/2 = 93Mtr Approx. What do u guys think? please let me have some replies soon.

I'm no expert but your not going to 'cover' a area that large with only one camera. As mentioned often on this forum: a PTZ can only see in one direction at a time. Which means the camera will be facing the wrong way -most of the time-

If you want them to have a camera which gives the best overview so they can browse around, yeah, put it up right in the middle

Thanks for reply. Actually we will only install single PTZ But i am planning to install one static Camera having Varifocal Lens To be installed either on left or right side so that it can give a general view of entire area and then there is PTZ for browsing around specifically