lucky19

pc base dvr and remote viewing help

So I've been stuck trying to configure this for 3 mths now.

I have set my computer to a static ip address. I go in to my router settings and froward the ports 9091 & 9092 to the static address. But when I use a port froward checker online is says the ports are closed to that static addy but open on the external ip addy. Is this correct????

You set your PC to a static IP but is your internet static or dynamic? Are you trying to view the cameras remotely over the internet or just over the LAN? If wanting to see them over the internet and have a dynamic ip you need to set up a dynamic (DDNS) address which has been well covered on this forum. After you get a DDNS tell the router to communicate with the service or download their update client (if available). Sounds like you have the port forward configured correctly. Also check out portforward.com

Is it a windows based pc? Did you open the ports in the windows firewall or third party firewall/internet security program (if one is installed)?

I can forward all the ports I want to a pc based DVR, but the ports also need to be open on the pc itself. If they're not then the communication will be blocked at the pc.

Is it a windows based pc? Did you open the ports in the windows firewall or third party firewall/internet security program (if one is installed)?

I can forward all the ports I want to a pc based DVR, but the ports also need to be open on the pc itself. If they're not then the communication will be blocked at the pc.

Yes it is a window base pc. I will need to see if my firewall is blocking my ports or not. thks

You set your PC to a static IP but is your internet static or dynamic? Are you trying to view the cameras remotely over the internet or just over the LAN? If wanting to see them over the internet and have a dynamic ip you need to set up a dynamic (DDNS) address which has been well covered on this forum. After you get a DDNS tell the router to communicate with the service or download their update client (if available). Sounds like you have the port forward configured correctly. Also check out portforward.com

My internet is still dynamic and yes im trying to remotely view them through the net. I will do a search just didnt know what to look for.