cbodbyl

Cloud CCTV and hosted video solutions, anyone using these?

Hey all, is anyone using or selling a hosted video solution?

When I add up the cost of a 640x480 hosted camera solution over 5 years and compare it to a stand-alone camera with on-board storage(and better resolution) it seems to be a no brainer that the stand-alone solution will give you more bang for your buck (even after comparing the pros and cons of each). Maybe that's just because of the market I'm in and the cost of bandwidth here. I don't actually know anyone who's successfully marketing hosted CCTV cameras and making any profit from them.

Any thoughts? are hosted video solutions a solution to a problem no one has?

Colin B

http://zeecure.com

I'm using amazon S3 for remote backup.

I don't sync video, just screenshot of my motion triggered images. the dvr bucket is maybe ~10-15$/month

always good to have remote backup imo.

I'm using amazon S3 for remote backup.

I don't sync video, just screenshot of my motion triggered images. the dvr bucket is maybe ~10-15$/month

always good to have remote backup imo.

I like the idea of using online storage centers instead of going through a company like Axis that appears to just be re-selling storage at a premium price (no offence Axis).

Could you tell me roughly how much video you're backing up for 10-15$/month? basically how many cameras for how many days? I assume they're backing up at a low resolution and 1 or 2 fps on motion.

Thanks for your feedback!

Colin B

http://zeecure.com

I have more then 3 months worth screenshots (320x240) from 16 channels system and one 5MP cam screenshots.

I just set up today a sync for the actual .avi files for the geovision system solo I'll post the results as soon as it clears a bit

Watch out for ISP's bandwidth caps. You can easily blow though these streaming video. Also make sure you read your ISPs contract to make sure your not violating their T&C.