ladless

PSS alternative ?

Hello,

I have three Dahua speed domes.

Connected through a switch to a Windows 2008 R2 server.

I've set up PSS to delete old recordings and replace them with new ones as time passes by and the folder size limit is reached.

However, PSS can't seem to be able to delete the old recordings or overwrite them with new footage.

It is ran with admin privileges...

Is there a fix for this or could someone suggest another software ?

Thanks.

Hi, can you tell me what menu you are in that you setup to auto delete files. Do you mean you accessed the Configuration menu on PSS and set HDD-Overwrite?

If you are backing up to a server(PC based) you can install a free program called Cyber-D's Autodelete 3.10 you can set the date and file size limit to auto delete.

works well for me on my NAS Drive

Hmm.. Actually this is what I have: http://cl.ly/1l233z1X3v3L212L2g0N

I didn't set anything related to such thing as HDD-Overwrite because I didn't see such option. Is there any option in PSS like that ? If yes, could you please tell me where can I find it ?

The last resort would be to run that third-party software you mentioned..

Thanks.

I'm not using a DVR. I have some IP speed-domes from Dahua that are connected to a Cisco switch and from there to another Cisco switch and then to a Windows 2008 R2 server.

I was using the camera's web interface to access the menu you showed me (by the way, thanks so much for the screenshot !) that's why I didn't consider it a "part" of the PSS software...

Everything was set to overwrite (i think that's the default setting).

Problem is that I created a folder on a partition and set a maximum quota for that folder so that it won't be more than 1.20TB. Maybe PSS looks at the free space on that particular partition altogether (it still has 500GB free space even when the PSS recording folder reaches its maximum quota) and gets confused... and that's why it stops and doesn't do anything... thinking it has still more space on the partition but the quota won't let it write anything more in that folder ? (just thinking out loud).

I think the best way would be to use the third-party tool you suggested...

Oh, and another issue would be to set the recording to occupy less space... Now I get 720p and 60 minutes are like 2.8GB... I tried adjusting the FPS to 15 from 25 but that only affects the transmission, the DAV files are still large...

Any clues on this one ?

Thank you !