How important is the video card for live viewing? I have an asus nvidia geforce 7200 gs card and an amd Phenom II x4 945 @ 3.5ghz. Loads are at 65% max recording and viewing: 3x h264 1080p cams, 1x 720p h264 cam, 1x analog cam on motion, and 1x analog on view only. Vms is geovision 8.5.4

When a car drives by the video does not seem like it is playing at the set 30fps. Is my video card or cpu holding me back?

I've used an Atom processor nettop with integrated ION graphics to view 6 1.3MP cameras simultaneously and never had an issue with frame drops or any video glitches. So not sure that an external video card would have much benefit and would mostly be if you needed to have multiple monitors which on-board graphics typically do not support. Also used a 1st gen iPad to do the same, all 6 cameras streaming at full resolution with no video related issues.

I may have a bandwidth issue. On my 2 axis p3346 cams i changed the compression settings from 10 to 20 (default is 30) and it helped a bit