utnalove

Looking for a small solution w/Motion Detection + Remote Rec

Hello, I am looking for a video surveillance with the following characteristics:

• 1 wired camera or 3 wifi cameras;
  • It must have Motion Detection
  • It must not need a computer always on
  • The house has 24/7 internet acess
  • It should record locally and remotely (in case of hardware tamper/steal)
  • I should be able to control it remotely and view it remotely
  • It should be a system that turns automatically on after a power outage

I kindly ask you to suggest some system that meets these requirements. I found many similar, however the recording is always local I need to record in another house or in some not expensive cloud service.

(some?) Vivotek's will send a video clip to an off site location on trigger, but it is for a max of 30 seconds.

The Sony SNC series (at least some of them) will send still images off site periodically. The minimum interval is 1 second, the max is 24 hours. Otherwise, it meets all your other needs. I'm not sure how exactly its motion detection works, but that's a pretty routine feature today.

Thanks. Between the two the Sony seems to be better. 1 image per second is reasonable. However what I would like is a copy of the data stored locally to be transmitted remotely.

I'm not sure what you are looking for that the vivotek does not offer.

local storage - check

remote access - check (subject to your router config of course)

motion detection - check

off site storage - check, via ftp when there is motion (or other alarm conditions like tamper or I/O). limited to not more than 30 seconds per clip, but that's probalby a good thing to keep files sizes reasonable.

off site storage - check, via ftp when there is motion (or other alarm conditions like tamper or I/O). limited to not more than 30 seconds per clip, but that's probalby a good thing to keep files sizes reasonable.

Does it mean that, if there is motion for 30 minutes, 60 thirty seconds videos will be recorded?

That little dome pictured at the left of your screen will do all that as well...

Sorry didn't get it

Does it mean that, if there is motion for 30 minutes, 60 thirty seconds videos will be recorded?

That little dome pictured at the left of your screen will do all that as well...

Sorry didn't get it

yes - if you have 30 minutes of video you would end up with 60 x 30 second clips. That's not nessisarily a bad thing. If you tried to move a 30 minute video over the internet, you would have to wait 30 minutes to be able to view it. Watching a series of clips is easy - most video players will automaticaly start the next clip in the play list when the current one finishes. OTOH, if you think you going to have 30 minutes of video foten, you are going to blow through lot of bandwidth.

Sorry didn't get it

Oh yeah, sorry, ya gotta scroll up to the top - banner ad on the top-left of the page

yes - if you have 30 minutes of video you would end up with 60 x 30 second clips. That's not nessisarily a bad thing. If you tried to move a 30 minute video over the internet, you would have to wait 30 minutes to be able to view it. Watching a series of clips is easy - most video players will automaticaly start the next clip in the play list when the current one finishes. OTOH, if you think you going to have 30 minutes of video foten, you are going to blow through lot of bandwidth.

Well, I hope I will never need to check the recordings ))

Btw the clips are good, I can always merge them and create 1 big clip.

I have checked the Vivotek NVR, but in the specifications I do not see that they support wifi and I do not see the information about the data being sent via ftp in 30s. clips.

Well, I hope I will never need to check the recordings ))

Btw the clips are good, I can always merge them and create 1 big clip.

I have checked the Vivotek NVR, but in the specifications I do not see that they support wifi and I do not see the information about the data being sent via ftp in 30s. clips.

Built-in Wifi is over rated in many cases. You still have to run a power cable, so you you might was well run cat5 back to a switch. Use a dedicated AP if you really need to.

Nothing I've described uses the Vivotek NVR software. The function is built into the camera. Clip length is usually "while motion is detected", up to a limit. In the case of Vivotek, it is up to 9 seconds pre-event, and up to 20 seconds post event.

bike_rider, hmm not sure if I got it... so is the camera or the NVR that sends the recordings to a remote ftp?

bike_rider, hmm not sure if I got it... so is the camera or the NVR that sends the recordings to a remote ftp?

camera. IP cameras are computers (often running linux). Many of them have an astounding array of functions built it. I can image a number of scenarios where a computer would not be needed at all for small residential installations.