vbman213

Recommended Brands/Models/etc

I'm looking into upgrading my 4 channel GE TruVision to a 16 channel DVR. I will be adding 4 more cameras to my system. All of these cameras are analog cameras. I'm trying to figure out what is the most recommended brand/model of DVRs currently on the market. Thanks

I'm looking into upgrading my 4 channel GE TruVision to a 16 channel DVR. I will be adding 4 more cameras to my system. All of these cameras are analog cameras. I'm trying to figure out what is the most recommended brand/model of DVRs currently on the market. Thanks

There is a lot of DVRs in the market that you can use. I would recommend you to use Visio or HIKvision. Depends on your location.

I'm an admitted fan of PC-based systems, never met a standalone I didn't hate, until I had a chance to work with a Dahua-made unit. Was definitely impressed by the all-around reliability, features, and performance for the price.

They're re-sold under a number of brands, including QVis and Dahua.

After you buy software and capture cards, PC based DVRs are very expensive. What cards would you recommend for me? I might consider going that route if it is reasonable.

GeoVision is decent for a DIY PC route - just make sure you buy from a legitimate source, as there are a LOT of grey-market cards out there (especially on fleaBay).

Personally, I use and recommend Vigil, but they don't sell DIY; they sell only complete turnkey systems, they have some more advanced features, and they cost substantially more.

(BTW, correction to my earlier post, it seems Qvis is no longer OEM'ing from Dahua, but instead are rebranding a Dahua knock-off. Fair warning.)