chrisausti

Cat 5 camera install

Any help would be appreciated greatly......I have a new install i just completed and for ease of explaining i will limit the problem to 2 cameras instead of the total of 9 installed....

1-Everfocus Ecor 16 channel dvr

2-Polestar EZ610 Cameras

2-Hunt video baluns

1-Altronix 24vac power supply

Problem-Bleed over on shared cat 5 cable.

I have a run of about 500 feet of cat 5e cable. I am using orange/blue for one camera with a video balun and using brown/green for the other video balun. When both of them are connected i get bleed over from one of the images. I have tried everything i know but can't seem to clear it up. Each camera has it's on power supply wire back to the altronix power supply.....?

Any help would be appreciated greatly......I have a new install i just completed and for ease of explaining i will limit the problem to 2 cameras instead of the total of 9 installed....

1-Everfocus Ecor 16 channel dvr

2-Polestar EZ610 Cameras

2-Hunt video baluns

1-Altronix 24vac power supply

Problem-Bleed over on shared cat 5 cable.

I have a run of about 500 feet of cat 5e cable. I am using orange/blue for one camera with a video balun and using brown/green for the other video balun. When both of them are connected i get bleed over from one of the images. I have tried everything i know but can't seem to clear it up. Each camera has it's on power supply wire back to the altronix power supply.....?

You may need a Active-Active Balun. It will not work if you use passive-active balun or passive-passive.

You may need a Active-Active Balun. It will not work if you use passive-active balun or passive-passive.

Ignore this, it is utterly incorrect.

I am using orange/blue for one camera with a video balun and using brown/green for the other video balun.

This is your problem. Use only one pair per camera - blue/white-blue for one, orange/white-orange for the other, for example.