bigredfish

WiFi adapter from DVR to Wireless router?

I saw a post by Sean where he said he was able to connect the DVR via a WiFi adapter to the local WiFi router vs running cable.

I have a difficult chore getting ethernet to where my Dahua DVR is going to be.

So this looks like the top of the line WiFi adapter...http://www.netgear.com/home/products/wireless-adapters/ultimate-wireless-adapters/WNCE4004.aspx#

Any reason this shouldnt work? About 35 feet from DVR to Router on same level

I don't think "top of the line" is required so much as simply "the right" adapter. I think this is the post you're referring to: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30496&p=191094&hilit=wireless#p191094

Pretty much any "gaming" adapter should work - doesn't need to be an over-the-top unit. At home, I use multiple cheap routers running DD-WRT firmware.

You could also look at ethernet-over-power adapters, which I think would be more reliable overall than WiFi.

Thanks Soundy.

I see the one I called out as well as others have 450 mbps capability, made for streaming video. Seems like those would be the ticket.

I'll let ya know in about a week

Remember the old weakest-link theory - you only 450Mbps if the router supports it as well, and only under ideal conditions.

In reality, even on wireless-G adapter (54Mbps max) is more than enough. Keep in mind that the LAN ports on that unit are only 10/100 so the link between the adapter and the DVR is only 100Mbps at best.