lindsayspop

Is my Power Supply Screwing Things Up?

Several years ago I traded out an old DVR that was connected to the cameras via a separate 12v power module. I bought a new one last winter and hooked it up in the same way the old unit was connected -- with the power module between the DVR and the cameras. Thing is, the new DVR doesn't require a converter box. It hasn't seemed to affect the camera images but I'm wondering if it has contributed to a problem I'm having with the viewing of all six images on the same screen. They rarely display the same time code and it's obvious the image of an object or person moving from one camera to the next aren't in sync. I've also had to put in a new hard drive. Thoughts?

It may be that your DVR doesn't support sync mode or you are not playing back in sync mode.

There is a way of overcoming this but it eats your HDD space up. You can link the motion detection

of one or more cameras so that if one is triggered the others are also triggered and recording.

If your DVR is fairly modern say a year or two old you could search online to see if there is a firmware update

as this may upgrade your DVR to include sync mode selection in playback. I know that some of the lower end Dahuas

added sync mode in a firmware update. Now it's included as standard.