andyh747

Concept Pro no longer powered by CNB

Hi All,

I have purchased quite a few Concept Pro cameras here in the UK from Videcon. I was reliably informed at the time that these were true CNB cameras branded as Concept Pro for the UK market and Videcon were the official distributor.

Videcon now refuse to sell unless you're a large CCTV distributor. I queried their change in policy and did a bit of background research. I managed to get in touch with the official sales representative for CNB in Europe and discovered some interesting information. Videcon are no longer a CNB partner and no longer stock CNB cameras although they are still selling the Concept Pro brand. Apparently the partnership with CNB was terminated last year and Videcon are now using a Chinese distributor to power their Concept Pro cameras.

I found this interesting as Videcon failed to disclose this valuable piece of information. I would still have bought from them thinking I was getting CNB cameras when in fact they are now using what could be inferior equipment.

I don't believe CNB have an official distributor in the UK but they will supply to the UK market although they have minimum order quantities.

I found the quality of the Concept Pro cameras I purchased, which were in essence CNB, to be excellent. Does anyone know of any similar quality cameras which are available to the UK market?

Thought the above info might be useful to those purchasing from Videcon in future.