PM5K

Help With Power Supply.

I have a situation where I'm working on cameras at a self storage facility. Because of this it can be quite difficult to get access to the occupied storage units. We would normally try to run walwarts from a storage unit to the cameras, but again in this case that would prove to be difficult.

So what I'm looking for is a 120V AC to DC converter that is designed for outside use and can be hardwired. I know one exists because we have one on the property wired up to a security light that is right next to the camera. Replicating this would obviously be ideal because I won't have to try to access and storage units, and the wire run would be just a few feet.

Can anyone help me locate this item? I can't find any markings or anything on it. This particular one is designed for four cameras with four sets of screw in terminals. That would work but two would work also.

TIA

How are you getting video from the cameras to the recorder? Why can't you just run power alongside video?

The power is normally setup to come from one main power supply, but for whatever reason some of them don't work.

The story I hear is that someone at some point cut them for possibly nefarious reasons.

The video comes the same way, in underground conduit.

Ah, so the video wire is existing, you just need to get power to the cameras?

I don't know if I'd trust wallwarts in storage units anyway - too easy for a renter to say, "WTF is this??" and unplug it.

How about an open-frame transformer with wire tails, placed in a NEMA enclosure, with the incoming and outgoing wires running through sealed glands?