johnwuk

need a new dvr?

Hi all not been on for a while but need advice on a new 8ch dvr,been looking at the Dahua dvr,s seem good value for the price, ok looking for price range around £400 to £500 BUT GETTING CONFUSED ON

what are the latest vrsions

what brands use dahua

are they all the same

any sug on the best ones

are any brands a better quality than the other,

any help please

ps, herd on hear i think about MACE dvr but cant find it on the web

QVIS

IC Realtime

Mace

Dahua

A-Data

Edge

All basically the same. Dahua doesn't sell direct in USA. They sell through suppliers like the ones listed above who repackage and rebrand the product. Look for the features you need from those manufacturers and select based on price and warranty

QVIS

IC Realtime

Mace

Dahua

A-Data

Edge

All basically the same. Dahua doesn't sell direct in USA. They sell through suppliers like the ones listed above who repackage and rebrand the product. Look for the features you need from those manufacturers and select based on price and warranty

Yeah, but here's the catch: some "brands" don't get all their stuff from the same manufacturer. They may have SOME models that are Dahua... some others that are made by someone else. And without seeing them, or having someone who's familiar with what each manufacturer's equipment looks like (ie. someone who can recognize a Dahua from the look of the case, or the interface), you have no way of knowing who actually made the unit, unless the seller tells you who... and most of them won't.

For example (and if my memory serves me correctly), when started getting their own Dahua brand in, they were still selling some QVis branded units, but both QVis and Dahua were Dahua. Then QVis switched manufacturers mid-stream and started selling their same model lines (Apollo, Zeus, etc.), but made by someone else. No public announcement of this, of course... again, unless you're familiar with the units, you wouldn't know which actual device you were getting.

And there's where the other point comes in: select on price and warranty.... and CUSTOMER SERVICE. If you want to make sure a unit is made by a specific manufacturer, ASK. Chances are, many won't tell you.

Hi all not been on for a while but need advice on a new 8ch dvr,been looking at the Dahua dvr,s seem good value for the price, ok looking for price range around £400 to £500 BUT GETTING CONFUSED ON

what are the latest vrsions

what brands use dahua

are they all the same

any sug on the best ones

are any brands a better quality than the other,

any help please

ps, herd on hear i think about MACE dvr but cant find it on the web

It looks like Dahua is big here. I don't know much about Dahua products, but whoever may be importing these from Dahua and private label them should offer similar lines of products. Make sure that you compare apple to apple when you compare pricing, because each importer may have different versions and features from another.

But if you find these importers, compare their warranty term and their service reputation.