anderson2624

what is the dif between 2 axis... 3 axis... 4 axis PTZ Contr

controlers. Most seem to be 3 axis and I do not understand that but I found one controler that stated 4 axis.

All help understanding will be greatly appreciated

gene

controlers. Most seem to be 3 axis and I do not understand that but I found one controler that stated 4 axis.

gene

3 axis covers vertical , horizontal & rotational adjustment. Maybe the fourth axis covers the time domain so it can be used in the Tardis or the D'lorean for time travel

gene

3 axis covers vertical , horizontal & rotational adjustment. Maybe the fourth axis covers the time domain so it can be used in the Tardis or the D'lorean for time travel

Be sure to check for a flux capacitor.

Some controllers have a "twist" knob on top that controls zoom... would that be your third, or fourth axis?

This is what I knew:

2 axis: up/down - left/right

3 axis: up/down - left/right zoom - in/zoom out

Subscribing to the thread, also interested on knowing what the 4th axis is...

The axis are referring to the mechanical mount of the camera so the zoom in /out has nothing to do with it. You are correct with your understanding of 2-axis & these are usually all that is required for ceiling mount cameras. However if you mounted a dome camera on a vertical wall you would get up/down & left/right adjustment. If you wanted to adjust the camera view down AND to the left you would not be able to do it without turning the camera off the vertical line. The 3rd axis is a rotational axis of the camera to enable you to bring the picture back to a vertical display orientation.

i'm pretty sure they are refering to the joystick's axis, 2 axis being up down left and right, for pan and tilt,

then they call the rotate function of the joystick the 3rd axis, for zoom controll,

i have seen one controller stating 5 axis!!! but reading into it, they have the focus and iris functions controlled from the joystick too... via pressing buttons on the top and rotating the zoom axis,

they big up the benefits of being able to do all importiant controls with one hand on the joystick.... presumably they are aiming their product at hidden changing room camera operators, so their other hand is left free to play the one stringed banjo

my keyboard is 3 axis, but i prefer to use it as if it was 2.

joystick for pan and tilt, and buttons on the controller for zoom/focus/iris/etc