bigerk

need help setting up remote viewing with 2wire

This is a Uverse router which throws everyone off.

Yeah, the first time I worked with one I was like WTF is going on here.

Can you access the dvr with your phone over your wifi network using the internal ip address of the dvr?

yea i have no problem doing that, but it tells me to use port 15961 for internal access

Open a pinhole for port port 15961 in the router just like 80 and 9000, map it to the dvr and try using that port when trying to access the DVR remotely.

I try that when I get home, is it possible to use a different app to access it or do I need to use the app the dvr manual tells me to use

I try that when I get home, is it possible to use a different app to access it or do I need to use the app the dvr manual tells me to use

Typically you should use the app that's recommended. I have some older DVRs out in the field that don't have specific phone apps and I use IP Cam Viewer by Robert Chou. A little annoying to setup as every camera needs to be setup individually, but it works with hundreds of systems. There's a free version that allows access to 6 cameras (might be 8, but I think it's 6).

Well, I can't seem to help you any further, sorry. But just to recap, this is the proceedure:

1 - connect dvr to the network, have it obtain an ip address and connect to the dvr locally

2 - configure the router with the proper port forwarding to the dvr

3 - connect to the dvr remotely with the WAN IP address using the proper app and ports

Seems that somewhere along the line something wasn't done properly. I'd go back and look at the setup in the router and ports set in the dvr. Review the screenshots, instruction & links provided by everyone who replied. The answers are all there. Maybe consider bringing in a professional to configure the port forwarding if all else fails.

I sincerely hope you can find the issue, resolve it and ultimately connect to the dvr remotely. I tell ya, once you do you'll really feel like you accomplished something after all this work.

Ok thanks sorry for taking a bunch of yalls time, I've done everything the way i was told and tried different ways but can't get it, I think maybe I'll have a pro come in and look at it. That's why i came to this forum cause I was just lost but thanks for help anyway guys.

Hello guys,

I'm brand new at this forum and like all newbies, I've gotta a problem that needs an expert's input.

I've been trying to access my dvr remotely and had no luck so far. The dvr brand is CIB, I'm running it through a NETGEAR N600 router. My router won't even recognize that the dvr is connected to it. Please help!!!