chiewfai1587

THE Network Video Recorder

Hi everyone,

Recently i have bought a unit Avtech AVH306 with 6 unit IP camera avtech brand AVM357.Does really need use gigabit switch for system?

It because i wanna view all network camera under 1.3 megapixel but recording 3unit 1.3megapixel and 3unit VGA. Does this possible?

I found the view throught internet(remote view-view from outer network) its make blur. Does this have any solution?

Regards,

Fai

No, you don't NEED gigabit... but an all-gigabit switch usually costs only marginally more than 10/100-only, so it's not worth getting too worked up about.

However, I wanna know how to calulate the bandwidth for the each camera run thought network to my NVR. I don't want to exceed the limitation of NVR. How to calculate? 1.3megapixel it run how many mbit/s ?

That depends on the camera, the codec used, the scene, the amount of movement in it... some cameras let you specify a maximum or constant bandwidth...

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a 1.3MP camera that exceeds 5-6Mbps; suffice to say, I don't think you could "overload" your NVR with those cameras if you tried.