n0fx

Looking for a recommendation for a DVR & Cameras (IP/Analog)

I'm helping my co-workers uncle, who just bought a large house that's about 42,000 square feet. I know a great knowledge with doing networking and servers but I'm not too great with doing CCTV cameras. I have been on the forums reading and researching on different types of cameras that people recommend. I've installed a basic analog CCTV for my home but that's about it.

I'm at a crossroads on what I should use for this place. It's so much bigger than my house that I wired up. I know that I will need to use twisted pair/cat5e/cat6 to wire the cameras (either being IP, analog or both). My friends uncle wants both indoor and outdoor cameras to survey the home when he's overseas for work, so it would have to work with the PC/MAC and with iOS/android. Most of the surveillance places would be hallways, bedrooms, outdoor perimeter (garage, tennis court, pool) and the front drive way, basically everywhere around the house. The house is two stories high and I don't think there is much light or any light outside the surrounding house.

I was thinking of going a combination of Analog and IP cameras. The two brands that I'm really leaning towards is the CNBs for analog (good bang for the buck) and Mobotix for IP. If I go this route, that means I would need to get a hybrid DVR (which I have no idea which brand is good for this).

The budget for the entire system with equipment and parts would be around $5,000 to $7,000. He doesn't have a specific amount of cameras and left it up to me on what he should buy and install. The issue that I'm having is that I'm not sure what is a good performer for outdoor IP cameras that work day & night? I want to use the Mobotix because it doesn't have a moving parts and the picture quality is quite pretty good but I'm only concerned is that many of the IP cameras don't work too well in pure darkness or in low-light environments. I was thinking of using the M12 series with the L22 lenses (90 degree) to cover the pool, tennis court and front drive. I would be getting the Q24M for indoors to cover 3 hallways (180 degree panoramic).

As for the Analog cameras, I was going to get the CNB DSL-20SA (smoke alarm) and the CNB LBM-20VF to cover the hallways and bedrooms.

What do you guys think? I'm up for any suggestion that provides a reasonable price (I know these things cost money but he wants a mix of good quality with reasonable price). I will have the contractor on the site that's doing the remodeling run the wire for the cameras and I will crimp the ends and configure the switches, IPs ,DVR, and mount the cameras for him.