That Man

Where To Go From Here

The neighborhood has gone to hell it seems, and I'm installing security equipment. Like many of the posters here, I'm new to security cameras. I have come up with a preliminary design for home security, but I don't know if I'm missing anything, or if I'm specifying parts that are correct for the application, and was hoping I could get some feedback from the more experienced among you. Here is my plan:

196113_1.jpg

Position 1: ACTi TCM-1231 - Bullet Camera

http://www.acti.com/product/detail/Bullet_Camera/TCM-1231

Position 2, 7, 12: ACTi KCM-3911 - Fisheye Camera

http://www.acti.com/product/detail/Fixed_Dome_Camera/KCM-3911

Position 10: ACTi GNR-2000 - NVR

www.acti.com/product/detail/Standalone_NVR/GNR-2000

Am I missing necessary components? Am I misapplying the parts? Any criticism that isn't downright trolling would be appreciated. Thank you all for your time.

Here is an updated plan:

196225_1.jpg

*Mods - I noticed the link to the image in my first post was changed. If I should be linking to images in a different way, please let me know how.

Here is a network diagram:

196225_2.jpg

dahomes555, thank you for suggesting that I add a POE switch. Any other comments or suggestions?

Apparently, the ACTi KCM-3911 isn't rated for outdoor use. I'll have to switch position 2 and 12 to the ACTi KCM-7911, which is a couple hundred dollars more expensive. Does anyone know of a more affordable high quality outdoor fisheye? That markup for an IP 67 housing seems a bit high.

Also, what is a video management system, and do I need one?

*Mods - I noticed the link to the image in my first post was changed. If I should be linking to images in a different way, please let me know how.

You didn't do anything wrong - when you link to an image, the board downloads it and then changes the link to use the local copy. This was done largely to avoid the broken links that come from abandoned image hosting accounts, or hosting with bandwidth limits, etc.