FuTz

8CH chinese dvr..

Hello,

I have one question about my dvr.. it's an dvr from ebay:

196465_1.jpg

Everything is great, except one thing, it saves video in ".ifv" format and i can play it only by using chinese software and i can't view it by another program, i tried to find some converters - but unfortunatelly i can't find one..

Is there any chance to convert it to any standard video format? This chinese program crashes whole time on Windows7.. :/

This is only when i record with pc client or via IE - same format, ifv..

When i'm backing up video from dvr i can chose avi or ifv..

Only thing is i want to, when i'm recording remotely, how to record direct to avi? or to convert from ifv to avi..

Hi Friend,

Ive the same device than you.

Could you see it over Internet?? I cant

when I putted in the IE: http://publicIP/ its like try to log in to the device. Theres a windows ask me the user and pass like in my HOME but theres a error " CANT FIND THE DEVICE"

I ve a Linksys WRT54G with the DMZ activated to the DVR private IP, and UPNP activated.

Over Internet I can browse to the Admin Page in the Router, I can forward to my local FTP, but I CANT log in to the dvr.

this is the dvr:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-ch-H-264-N...item19cf61d27c

please help me!

thanks in advance.

Francisco

Hello,

I have one question about my dvr.. it's an dvr from ebay:

196465_1.jpg

Everything is great, except one thing, it saves video in ".ifv" format and i can play it only by using chinese software and i can't view it by another program, i tried to find some converters - but unfortunatelly i can't find one..

Is there any chance to convert it to any standard video format? This chinese program crashes whole time on Windows7.. :/

This is only when i record with pc client or via IE - same format, ifv..

When i'm backing up video from dvr i can chose avi or ifv..

Only thing is i want to, when i'm recording remotely, how to record direct to avi? or to convert from ifv to avi..

Hello,

the DVR probably uses some type of an H.264 video compression variant, which is usually "proprietary" and claimed not to be able to use a third party video editing software...

Try the following:

1. Run the program in compatibility mode (e.g. Windows XP) and then try to convert the video (does it have a built-in converter?)

2. Request a codec from the manufacturer, install it onto your computer and then use any video editing software to see if you can import it.

3. Request the manufacturer for a converter (they should be able to manifest one, it's a simple programming really)

4. Use a capturing device when you playback the video on your PC and capture it - e.g. Camtasia

Good Luck!

I'm sorry I was away for a couple of days..

I contacted TongliTech which are manufacturing that dvr.. and they said (i didn't know earlier)

"You can backup to AVI, when you backup video file, you can choose IFV or AVI, please try it."

And it does the work. When I'm working backup to a computer file over LAN, i can choose to convert to AVI and it works great!

Only when i'm manually recording on a client's software then it's impossible to record to avi, only to ifv, and there's a client software which is driving me crazy on windows7 (older version and i can't find a version which works on win7, even in compatibility mode it crashes whole time)).

No matter. I don't need to record manually 'cause i've configured motion detection on cameras, and then if i need to download an avi file to computer because of archive or something else, it's not a problem.

friend @rucucu77, you have to set an local ip addres (in your local network) and then set a NAT-ing to that ip.. (port forward) DMZ is not needed in your situation..

if you can access it locally, then remotelly has to work too, but be sure you're using WAN ip, not local ip, 'cause you can't access local network from out of your local network ..