Sign in to follow this  
licttum

Vivotek 8332 Query about IR Mode

Hi All,

Hoping someone can assist.

I got a Vivotek IP8332 as a replacement for an eBay 2MP WDR camera which was busted...

Currently it seems to take about an hour after dusk before the IR cut switches.

So basically I am looking at an hour or so of darkness before the IR turns on.

Once its on, it works a lot better then the eBay one, but its still not ideal, so I am thinking I need an IR illuminator now as well.

Anyway if someone has any suggestions as to what I can do to try and resolve this, can I set it to switch earlier? Or is this just one of the issues with NOT having a WDR/LowLux Camera???

I don't really know what to expect, as my only experience with CCTV is a Foscam which seems to switch to night mode as soon as its dusk, and the eBay one which was busted and didn't work at all.

Thanks, Gav

Current Setup:

PC with BlueIris

1 Foscam 8905W

1 Vivotek 8332

You can adjust the sensitivity of the light sensor, I would recommend setting it to high sensitivity as it seems to react more the way I expect them to. It should switch earlier then, I have most of mine set to high.

Also, make sure you are running firmware 1.04, nothing later looks near as good at night. I found a link eventually out there with this firmware and downgraded to it and it is much better at night. Much less grainy, overall amazing difference compared to the later firmware I've tried.

Hope this helps you out a little anyway.

The latest Vivotek firmware for the IP8332 (v0110a) provides a much improved image while in night/IR mode. I would recommend you give it a try.

Also as Razor said, setting the light sensor sensitivity to High, will make the camera switch to night mode more quickly when it starts to get dark.

Note that you can also set up a "night" profile in the camera software that changes sensor settings at a specified start and end time that you enter. I have night profiles set up on all of my Vivotek cameras to optimize the image while they are in night/IR mode. The night profile can be triggered at specified times or it can become active when the camera switches into night mode.

Note that you can also set "night profile" motion detection box sensitivities which are different than those used for motion detection in daylight. This is usually necessary if you have your daytime motion detection boxes set up to be highly sensitive. Because the highly sensitive settings will cause false triggers when the camera switches to night mode, where the image gets more noisey because of the reduced light.

John