HeadsUp

difference between LPR CCD modules and standard day/night ?

Hi people

i have spoken to a few manufacturers about obtaining LPR camera modules and i have a feeling that the same base CCD modules and board is used for both LPR use and standard day/night CCD's

obviously there will be different settings used in WDR settings to cancel out headlight flaring

can anyone confirm this or are there too many models covering a wide scope of applications between manufacturers ?

opinions please ??

note : i am not including ANPR cameras in the above statement , just basic LPR CCD's

Hi people

i have spoken to a few manufacturers about obtaining LPR camera modules and i have a feeling that the same base CCD modules and board is used for both LPR use and standard day/night CCD's

obviously there will be different settings used in WDR settings to cancel out headlight flaring

can anyone confirm this or are there too many models covering a wide scope of applications between manufacturers ?

opinions please ??

note : i am not including ANPR cameras in the above statement , just basic LPR CCD's

They are essentially the same. There are two types of LPR cameras that I know of but if I am not up to date, please correct me:

1. Regular camera - regular day and night camera with DSP and IR LED tweaks to optimize high contrast images for easier license plate reading.

2. Ambient Light Rejection camera - companies like Bosch and Pixim manufacture specialized license plate reading cameras.

http://www.pixim.com/assets/files/product_and_tech/Eclipse%20Product%20Brief_Sept_2008.pdf

http://www.boschsecurity.us/en-us/reg

To answer your question, YES they are made of identical or similar image sensors and DSPs.