dahomes555

GeoVision GV-600 - Can it call you when it sees motion?

Sold a system to a mechanic today for a new site. I was meeting with him at his old site and he has a GV-600 system. Before switching ISPs and network routers, he insists that the system would call him on his phone at night whenever the cameras saw motion. I looked through all the software settings on his PC and I could see the standard settings for sending an e-mail notification, but nowhere that suggested it could call out. I would imagine that something like this would have to have a settings area for both the modem configuration on the PC, as well as the phone number to be notified.

Is it possible to do what he is saying? I'm sure there is a custom script you could write that could do an operation like this, but he insists there wasn't anything like that.

Sold a system to a mechanic today for a new site. I was meeting with him at his old site and he has a GV-600 system. Before switching ISPs and network routers, he insists that the system would call him on his phone at night whenever the cameras saw motion. I looked through all the software settings on his PC and I could see the standard settings for sending an e-mail notification, but nowhere that suggested it could call out. I would imagine that something like this would have to have a settings area for both the modem configuration on the PC, as well as the phone number to be notified.

Is it possible to do what he is saying? I'm sure there is a custom script you could write that could do an operation like this, but he insists there wasn't anything like that.

You can have it send you text's but this can be very annoying.

It is possible on other DVR cards. I have not actually used GV-600. You need to have modem on PC with properly setup telephoney. you have to define actions on motion alarm,like phone a predefined number, send email with picture.

It will call you with a predefined voice message on case of motion

If he has a monitored alarm system, it's likely that they used a relay output on the DVR to trigger an input on the alarm...