aurenale

client software

Hi There,

I´m look for a client software capable of showing video from different plataforms (dvs stand alone, dvr cards like geo vision 650 or 800, ip cams, etc.)

Can anyone tellme if you know any program with such capabilities?

I heard iVMS 4000 can do it. But i´ve tried tthe configuration with out any positive results.

Thanks in advance.

Hola,

Estoy buscando un prgrama cliente, capaz que de mostrar video de diferentes fuentes por ejemplo, una placa dvr geovision 650 u 800, un dvr stand alone, una camara ip, etc.

Me pueden decir si conocen alguno?

escuche que el iVMS 4000 puede hacerlo, pero por mas que intente configurarlo no lo logre.

Gracias de ante mano.

Hi There,

I´m look for a client software capable of showing video from different plataforms (dvs stand alone, dvr cards like geo vision 650 or 800, ip cams, etc.)

Can anyone tellme if you know any program with such capabilities?

I heard iVMS 4000 can do it. But i´ve tried tthe configuration with out any positive results.

Thanks in advance.

Hola,

Estoy buscando un prgrama cliente, capaz que de mostrar video de diferentes fuentes por ejemplo, una placa dvr geovision 650 u 800, un dvr stand alone, una camara ip, etc.

Me pueden decir si conocen alguno?

escuche que el iVMS 4000 puede hacerlo, pero por mas que intente configurarlo no lo logre.

Gracias de ante mano.

I think it'd be quite difficult to find such a software. There was a time when a company called Axium has created a VMS that included ONVIF, PSIA, two dozen protocols for IP cameras and NVRs and half a dozen DVR, but unfortunately that company went belly up in 2010. That software was quite limited, mostly to live and playback only. Menu and setup was something that they were continuously expanding.

Each DVR manufacturer, let alone each IP camera manufacturer employ their own unique version of the same algorithm. Granted that they most likely use the same hardware codec, SOC, DSP, you name it, that the bottom line compression technology is the same. However, they are NOT compatible with each other, hence the birth of ONVIF and PSIA. No such thing exists for DVRs as far as I know.

Back in the days, what I would do is select a few key manufacturers and request that they work on a common management software. Then these manufacturers would each provide source codes and one company was dedicated to completing the software.

It is certainly possible, and I am sure there is something out there that will do what you're looking for. If you consume large quantity of CCTV products, then you may want to approach the manufacturer and request them to work with other brands to come up with a common management solution...

Good luck.