chief98

How to connect SRD-1650 with controller SPC-6000 via RS-485

I am facing problems connection Samsung DVR SRD-1650 with Samsung Controller SPC-6000 via RS-485.

The objective is to control the DVR by using controller keyboard with 7 ptz cameras attached to the DVR. Need urgent help please.

I am facing problems connection Samsung DVR SRD-1650 with Samsung Controller SPC-6000 via RS-485.

The objective is to control the DVR by using controller keyboard with 7 ptz cameras attached to the DVR. Need urgent help please.

Daisy chain from your keyboard to the DVR and then to your cameras.

Have you configured all the communication protocols? Typically I use 9600 baud for all RS-485 equipments. But you can use whatever rate you choose, as long as you set the same speed you're going to be controlling.

1. Keyboard - set the communication speed and assign the protocols to all PTZ cameras.

2. DVR - assign an address ID # and match the communication speed. You should be able to select your keyboard model for protocol.

3. PTZ - assign each a unique address ID and match the communication speed and protocols.

I usually match the PTZ camera's ID to the channel # on the DVR. Then I set the DVR usually to the highest allowed address, and then the keyboard to something similar...

Good luck.

I have tried to workout the connections as described in the manual but it didnt work out. Seriously need help.

I have attached pics of the setup

DSCN02431.thumb.JPG.8f9cc556f10ff4a7e19f1d98ead09249.JPG

DSCN02411.thumb.JPG.43559c63f21f1c3485081a3816b75792.JPG

I have tried to workout the connections as described in the manual but it didnt work out. Seriously need help.

I have attached pics of the setup

Rather than the picture of the product, can you capture how you set up the DVR, PTZ and the controller?

Attached below are the snapshots taken from manuals and using this guide i tried to connect the DVR with Controller but invain.

untitled1.GIF.ae0263eab855684adf59d200ae1e2543.GIF

untitled2.GIF.575f02aadf8c437e4126e2f3a0464fa2.GIF

Attached below are the snapshots taken from manuals and using this guide i tried to connect the DVR with Controller but invain.

I guess you just wired the PTZ to the DVR to the keyboard that you didn't adjust any settings? The manual I skimmed through is really not clear as to how to set up each device after you wire these. No wonder you're confused.

Please gather the following information:

1. Address ID of the keyboard controller, communication speed and protocol it's using.

2. Does the keyboard controller have a junction box?

3. Addres ID of the DVR, communication speed and the keyboard assigned.

4. Address ID of each PTZ camera, communication speed and the protocol it's using.

To make this easier for you, let's assume that your PTZ cameras will be on channels 1 through 7.

1) Fire up each PTZ camera and assign the address ID of 1 through 7.

2) Set the protocol to Samsung protocol. If it does not exist, then set it to Pelco D.

3) Set the communication speed of each PTZ to 9600 baud.

4) Change the controller address to 17

5) Set the protocol to Samsung.

6) Set the controller communication speed to 9600 baud.

The DVR setting is different for every DVR out there, so I'll provide a general guideline.

7) In the DVR, go to each camera. See if there's an advanced setting or options to adjust protocol, communication speed and select address.

7-1) If these options are found there, then for camera 1, set it to samsung protocol (if the PTZ is samsung) or Pelco D (if it does not have anything compatible for your PTZ and the PTZs will have to be set to Pelco D as well). Set the communication speed to 9600.

7-2) Once you set up 1, pull up the DVR PTZ control interface, select camera 1 and see if you can control it.

7-3) If you already have your controller attached, see if you can control the PTZ camera.

7-4) If successful, repeat for the remaining 6 cameras, each selecting the right address ID, protocol and communication speed.

There should be another section for serial device, communication, or something. It should be in an entirely different submenu.

8-1) When and if you find it, you should be able to select the keyboard make and model, communication speed, and even adjust the address for the DVR.

8-2) Set the DVR's address ID to 18. Set the speed to 9600. Select your keyboard. If your keyboard is not available there, then you are not going to be able to control the DVR with your controller.

After all this, if it still doesn't work, check your wiring. I don't know what type of wiring you have done, but you have 3 choices:

a. Daisy chain - if the link is broken somewhere, you will not be able to use the rest of the rest of the product group beyond the break. You may or may not have to terminate the last PTZ.

b. Star (home run) - all devices are connected directly to the controller/DVR. If one link break, the remainder still functions.

b. use an RS-485 signal distributor.

I would run the RS-485 to the DVR's TX+ and TX- input, and run another set of wires from there to the PTZs. Make sure that the PTZ wires and keyboard wires are touching in that same block terminal. You can then "star" wire all the PTZs.

It can be daunting, but it's just simple logics and matching all the settings...

Good luck to you... But have you tried calling Samsung to walk you through this?

I did try to email the Samsung tech support and the reply i got was "contact ur local supplier" blaaah some technical support that is

I did try to email the Samsung tech support and the reply i got was "contact ur local supplier" blaaah some technical support that is

I forgot that CCTV industry shuns upon end users. Don't they realize that end users are the actual and final customers...? LOL.

Where did you buy it from? Give them a call?

Bought it from the local Samsung Dealer hahaha very funny

By the way I had tried fiddling with the settings ova DVR and Controller will try do it again though

Hello Guys

I was having similar issues but finally manged to get it working, was wondering if you experienced the following.

If I set the system up on the bench supply I can control my samsung camera via my control, over coaxial cable.

However when I install the camera say 50 meters away I cannot control the Camera at all either by the control or through the DVR onbard PTZ controls.

The picture I am getting is crystal clear.

What could be my issue, where should I start?

Hello Guys

I was having similar issues but finally manged to get it working, was wondering if you experienced the following.

If I set the system up on the bench supply I can control my samsung camera via my control, over coaxial cable.

However when I install the camera say 50 meters away I cannot control the Camera at all either by the control or through the DVR onbard PTZ controls.

The picture I am getting is crystal clear.

What could be my issue, where should I start?

Hi

If the connection between PTZ and controller is good, you should think about the RS485 signal transmisison problem or PSU problem. Normally, we check this problem as followed:

1. Check if the speed dome camera setup OK;

Take off the PTZ, take it nearby DVR. Then connected with DVR or controller, to test if the speed dome can be controlled.

a. If the PTZ can be controlled, that's mean the setup is OK. Problem is from the RS485 signal communication or PSU

b. If the PTZ can't be controlled, you should check the address setup, protocol setup and baud rat setup with both PTZ and controller. This 3 items must be the same between PTZ and controller. Or it's impossible to communicate between each other.

2. PSU problem: No matter by DC12V or AC24V, the PSU distance is very limited. The PSU should not far away from PTZ. If distance more than 5 meters, the DC12V only can be about DC8V when it touch PTZ. At this time, this voltage is not enough to power motors in PTZ, but enough for camera module.

3. RS485 communication problems:

a. Check the RS485 TX and RX cable. Some times, the connection is reversed.

b. Check the RS485 cable. You can't put the RS485 cable with 220V voltage together. 220V will affect the RS485 signal;

c. If all Ok, the problem should come from distance. The RS485 signal is low voltage signal. If distance is too long, the RS485 signal can't be transmitted. You need one RS485 signal amplifier between PTZ and controller.

Hope that's helpful. We focuse on PTZ more than 10 years.

Marvin Young