Sign in to follow this  
TRS

New system Q-see QT4615-659 looking for some advice

New to site but looks like there is a lot of good information.

Q-see 4615-659 from Costco with 16 cams with one being PTZ

I am new to this, although I do have a little experience with camera systems but none with remote viewing, and being 62 doesn't help much either, forgot a lot of things I thought I knew ..lol

I have it up and running after a lot of frustration as software could be more user friendly especially port forwarding, might as well ignore the CD it came with and a lot of printed info

The main problem I want to correct is everytime DVR or Sagemcom Fast 1704 modem looses power when it resets it changes IP address of DVR and soon I am planning on leaving for a month or more and don't want to lose access to View cameras.

Anyone know how long you can have this DVR running before overheating, located inside with a/c ..months or ?

I reserved DVR adddress lease under DHCP leases in modem-router as I thought this might keep IP address of DVR from changing, but it didn't seem to work

Do I need static address for DVR as I have heard some say, if so what would be best cheapest way to get one.

I would like to be able to shut off power remotely to modem dvr once in awhile remotely so I ordered a 3G ip switch with 2 outlets

If I put everything = DVR & modem/router on a backup UPS then I don't think I can reset remotely but will address problem of power going off & on which my only concern is IP address changing

Does anyone know of a user manual for port forwarding, etc on Sagemcom Fast 1704 modem as I have looked everywhere I could think of with no luck

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Using windstream service

The main problem I want to correct is everytime DVR or Sagemcom Fast 1704 modem looses power when it resets it changes IP address of DVR and soon I am planning on leaving for a month or more and don't want to lose access to View cameras.

QSee has its own dynamic dns service. See page 12 here: http://qsee.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/68533/1341875750/redirect/1/filename/QT%20Remote%20Monitoring%203-1_web.pdf

Essentially, Dynamic DNS (DDNS) will allow you to connect to the DVR with a .com address instead of the raw ip address and you don't need to worry about the ip address changing.

Anyone know how long you can have this DVR running before overheating, located inside with a/c ..months or ?

If kept in a cool ventilated area, overheating shouldn't be an issue.

I reserved DVR adddress lease under DHCP leases in modem-router as I thought this might keep IP address of DVR from changing, but it didn't seem to work

Do I need static address for DVR as I have heard some say, if so what would be best cheapest way to get one.

The dvr manual should have instructions on setting the dvr with an static internal ip address - note that this address will be different from the one assigned to the modem from your isp. it usually starts with 192.168.x.x or 10.1.x.x. There is no cost for an internal, static ip address.

Does anyone know of a user manual for port forwarding, etc on Sagemcom Fast 1704 modem as I have looked everywhere I could think of with no luck

Look on http://www.portforward.com

If they don't have your exact model, look at the instructions for other models and find one that has a similar interface.

Just take your time, and Good Luck!

Thanks groovyman for the info.

I contacted Sagem by email and received a 194 page manual specifically for Fast 1704 within a couple of days, pretty impressed with that

Windstream had no ideal where I could get a manual, even though they provided modem.

Here is link if anyone else needs it

http://lgsagem.free.fr/drivers__fast1704.htm

I will keep working on system till I get it fine tuned

Yeah, I've experienced similar situations with modems provided by the ISP. The ISP sometimes has no real info, but the manufacturer does. Smart move contacting Sagem.