Since HomePlug Powerline technology is a no go, I'm force to go to WiFi.

I've read the words HD and WiFi should not be used in the same sentence so please tell me what the next best

camera is.

I'm running two MP cameras over a WiFi link - one IQ511 (1.3MP) and one IQ755 (5MP), using a pair of ASUS routers and a WDS link courtesy of DD-WRT. It's relatively stable, although I don't know if I'd use it for a customer's site, at least not as such.

And of course, there are plenty of HTPCs and streaming media players that regularly stream HD video content via WiFi.

I think the warning against "HD and WiFi" is probably more related to cameras with weak built-in WiFi.

There's only one camera brand I know of that has serious WiFi built in and that's Brickcom (see review on my blog). It can pickup WiFi routers a mile away, amazing. Image quality is good both day and night. Price is a little high but it's a good unique well made product, comes with free NVR software that's pretty good. At the time of my blog posting, they only had a 1.3MP bullet but were real close on a 3 and 5MP bullet, so check with them on that.

Keep in mind that WiFi does not mean wireless, you'll still have to power the camera, albeit you can do it with low voltage, 12V or PoE.

I second the notion on Brickcom. Amazng cameras. Wireless link is solid on all their cameras and I was surprised to see how stable they were.

I would suggest using the Brickcom access point since it plays well their cameras.

They have cameras for $200, but it's their indoor cube style camera, similar in style to AVTech's indoor or Axis M10 series. The wireless bullets are closer to a grand.