ChuckWoods

How to record motion only. Zmodo H.264

I just got the DVR and can't seem to get it to record on motion only.

Not only that, it seems to record ALL channels, even channels w/o a camera.

"Channel 8 (no camera)" is a pic of the playback screen from IE for channel 8 which has no camera. Why would there be a recording when there's no camera?

Also note all the listed recordings. Most contain no motion even for channels with a camera. And NONE of them are for motion detection. They are all labeled as "Normal recording" Why are there so many recordings? And why none for motion detection.

The second attached shows the recording settings for channel 1 which has a camera. Note it is set for motion recording.

There are many recordings here too but none for motion detection.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

1088030094_Channel8Playback.png.018218d3b63ddf32e506a2ee5bd4eef6.png

26494010_Recordsettings.png.50fe1b191f0beed7481416d89d359e19.png

I'd double check on the DVR itself if the settings have actually changed. The web interface for that one can be a little cumbersome and seems to not always change settings properly.

You could also double check the motion area, make sure the whole thing is detecting motion. You should see the blue dot on the channels go away when it stops recording all the time.

I've got mine set on "Motion or Alarm" and it appears to be working just fine.

I'd double check on the DVR itself if the settings have actually changed. The web interface for that one can be a little cumbersome and seems to not always change settings properly.

You could also double check the motion area, make sure the whole thing is detecting motion. You should see the blue dot on the channels go away when it stops recording all the time.

I've got mine set on "Motion or Alarm" and it appears to be working just fine.

Thanks for the feedback. It seems to be working but I've got some more testing to do.

I was having this same issue and was getting extremely frustrated. On a whim I clicked the manual record button and saw that all 4 channels were set to record constantly. Unclicking those solved the problem. Now the thing only records with movement.

I also found that I went to the schedule screen and clicked to clear all recordings first, then clicked to schedule motion recording. Mine seemed to come set to record 4 channels 24/7.