SambaNoodles

Playback just stalls

Hi. I have been asked by the police to provide video footage of a camera we have that happens to face outdoors at a certain time of the day. They need the footage to help in their investigation of an armed robbery that took place nearby.

I am using Geovision v8.3, with GV-1480 card installed. Camera in question is a 1.3MP Geovision camera.

I am noticing that for any given video clip, the video footage starts working o.k....but then suddenly freezes after about 10 seconds of footage. This is only the case with this particular megapixel camera (the rest are just regular analog cameras, and the footage from the analog cameras doesn't stall or freeze).

I originally thought this may be an issue with the database. I tried to run the database repair tool, but i keep getting a message that some other program is using the database and I must close it before i can run the tool (however, i dont think that this is the case....Geovision multicam is shutdown, all Geovision related services are stopped, and yet i still cannot run the repair tool).

Any idea what this issue might be? I have been given about 24hrs to provide them with the footage they require, or they may send someone over to "assist me".

Have you try burn the footage useing view and then play back on diffent computer ?

Maybe video card issues also you could try play the clip outside geovison if you have codec install it shound be under the cam folder under you geovison install folder

o.k...tried that, and it seems I cannot even copy the .avi files from that time period onto a different computer on the network. I got a message saying something about data being corrupted.

Does the file copy with out error to other machine network just does'nt play cause if that cause you could be missing codec

are your camera record in avi or they doing h26.4 if so they is a player in geovsion folder for play them back

also a repair tool for avi